Wednesday 20 June 2012

It's a girlfriend thing

So!
Hullo, been a while, will do this more often etc etc.
I have a girlfriend now, and yes im sure your all rolling youre eyes and thinking ho hum, now hes in a realtionship this means the pissing and moaning will stop and you'll stop readin these but this is not the case!!
Pissing and moaning is what being scottish is all about so dont worry
What I will say is how strange it feels, how odd that once upon a time , about the time apes were thinking it might be a jolly fun idea to start using tools. I was in a relationship. A long one too, one that laster 10 years.
When my ex and I broke up I kinda assumed that was it for me. Obvisluy i didnt just give up because if i had I would have had a date with a .45 and a bottle of jack but the point is. 29 year old re-entering the dating world after being away for so long and only having had one gf, weeeeeellll. It didnt look good.
Then of course u add to this i made the stunningly handsome move to go back to uni.
Now I was a 30 something, surrounded by 20 somethings. Genuis.
It looked bleak.
Sure I danced with some girls, well dancing guy did..
and asked for some numbers, well dancing guy did....
I may have even kissed some people, well dancing guy did......
But I was not closer.
Thank goodness for birthdays.
For me the thing that most surprised me was the little things id missed, I mean i have friends, good friends, who will listen to my problems, or cheer me up or 101 other things good friends do.
But...
They wont hold ur hand while u go out shopping, or sit in bed and agree with ur rants about how shite the lead actress is , and how there are so few good role models in movies for women......I feel this is a blog for another time.
Aaaaaanny way....wtf was I..?
Oh yeah so, its the little things that make it all worth while, the smell of hair or the roll of eyes when your joke isnt funny. MAKES the realationship.
Next time. what is sex like after no having had any for 2 years...
i am of course kidding
it was 3 years
ttfn :D

No comments:

Post a Comment